Empowering companies to strut their stuff in the digital age.

Monday, June 27, 2011 from TalentRooster

Recruiter Finally on Board with Video Resumes!

I am writing to say thank you for making my job easier. And let me just add, that I never thought I would be saying this. A year ago I was uncertain about this “new thing” you said was the future of our industry. Video technology sounded like a great idea when I first heard of it, but never did I think it would front and center in the hiring process! What were my initial thoughts when you first told us that videos were now a part of our recruiting routine? Well, to name a few “I don’t have enough time in the day”, “adding this onto the steps I have to complete with my candidates will be impossible”, and “no way, my candidates won’t go for this!”
Just a year ago my attitude was anti-technology, anti-video, anti-all of it! Now, I can’t picture my day without it. I can’t imagine sending my candidates over to a client for consideration without having their video front and center. Got a video? Great. Completed profile? Even better. Who knew that instead of asking my candidates to send me their resume, I would be advising them to complete their online video profile? Again, something I never thought would happen when this technology was first introduced and now I can’t imagine life without video technology!
At first my clients were trepid and uncertain – they had never seen video technology and had many questions. Now, they no longer want to see the “paper” resume – they full expect video on each candidate!! Thank you for “forcing” us to embrace this technology and be the first in our market to offer it.
Now that I have experienced the before, during and after of this new routine I can say, with confidence, that this is the way things are going. Our personal preference in everyday life is the want for “instant results” and this set up provides that for a hiring manager. It’s a way to read about, see and hear a candidate before they walk into their door…what could be better? Next time I’ll do my best not to resist new technology!!

No comments:

Post a Comment