Empowering companies to strut their stuff in the digital age.

Friday, July 30, 2010 from TalentRooster

Breaking Blogging Rules....

I've never been one to follow too many rules - not that I'm above them, there are just too many! I spend hundreds of hours reading the posts of others - there are some great writers out there and unfortunately, I'm not one of them...

So how can I educate job seekers and not make it appear self serving? I've been thinking about this all night and couldn't come up with a solution - can't say I didn't try... Here it goes....

I'm annoyed - correct that - I'm angry! As video resume technology becomes more pervasive, more and more "competitors" are entering the space. I'm all about competition (bring it on!) but struggle with nefarious operators that offer a horrid product - there are many.
Virtually all video resume / video CV sites offer the exact same service - film yourself and upload it. The costs to do so vary by company, but you've got to triple check first! Are the charges one time or monthly? Are there charges to host, upload, add graphics, send copies - the list goes on and on. TalentRooster is the only site where you pay a small fee ONE time that includes everything and more. I'm a firm believer in two business cornerstones:

1. Provide the best product possible and charge a fair price.
2. There is no such thing as cheapest and best - it's not possible.

We've been tracking the success of candidates with video resumes - guess what? Our candidates have increased their chances for hire by over 30%! Coming soon you will be able to film from home and the finished product will be equally as professional as those on the site today. Check us out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment